Propane has been used for years as an alternative to electricity for many appliances and other tools and processes around the home. The numerous benefits associated with propane can really add up over time.
Here are just a few examples of some of those benefits of propane, from a company offering propane refills in Phoenix, AZ:
- Environmentally friendly: The 1990 Clean Air Act and the Energy Policy Act of 1992 both list propane as a clean fuel, which means you don’t have to worry about CO2 being released while it burns. In fact, it burns cleaner than any other fossil fuel you’ll find. It does not contaminate soil or groundwater, produces negligible amounts of emissions and, when it’s derived as a byproduct of natural gas, it cuts down on petroleum usage by 98 to 99 percent. This makes it a much more environmentally friendly option than many other forms of fuel, which is extremely important in this day of climate change and energy crises.
- It’s a great tool for emergencies: If you suddenly have electricity that’s been knocked out, you’ll still be able to use appliances fueled by propane. Having a propane-fueled heater, for example, means you won’t have to worry about being left without heat if the power goes out in the winter. Simply keep the propane tank filled and well maintained, and you’ll have plenty of energy.
- It’s safe: Propane tanks that help power homes are generally buried well below the natural gas main. The tanks used for propane are 20 times more puncture resistant than the tanks you’d use for ethanol, methanol and gasoline. If you ever do experience a propane leak, odorant that gets added to it will help you detect it more quickly—you’ll smell rotten eggs pretty quickly if you have a leak. You can also use a carbon monoxide detector to help you more easily detect the presence of a leak.
- It saves you money: Propane is very affordable, especially when compared to other means of powering your home or items. Heating water with propane instead of electricity will save you 30 percent on those costs each year. A propane-powered clothes dryer is 50 percent more efficient than an electric one. Finally, a tankless water heater powered by propane can achieve 94 percent efficiency. These are just remarkable numbers, and they carry the potential for some big-time financial savings on your energy bills.
- It’s got plenty of versatility: Propane can power many different household appliances, including boilers, home heating equipment, fireplaces, dryers, ranges, ovens and much more, beyond just the classic propane grill you might already be using outside.
Are you interested in learning more about the benefits of propane and how you can make more use of it around your home? We encourage you to contact Vern Lewis Welding Supply, Inc. today with your questions about propane, or, if you’re already using propane, to schedule a propane refill in Phoenix, AZ with our team. You’ll soon see why it’s a favorite fuel among welders!
Categorised in: Propane Refills
This post was written by Writer