If you own and operate welding equipment, you’re likely familiar with how frustrating it can be when your machines go down for the count. An out-of-service welding machine can make it impossible for your shop team to complete their tasks, delay your ability to service clients and result in substantial lost revenue for your business.
It’s important to have a trusted company specializing in welding repair in Phoenix, AZ that you regularly work with on call when you’re experiencing trouble with your welding gear. You should maintain established relationships with welding machine repair and welding equipment sales experts to ensure that you have the support you need to get your shop back up and running as quickly as possible.
With that said, the best way to avoid catastrophic welding machine failures and the need for repair in the first place is to properly maintain your system and take care of small issues before they become larger problems. Here are a few maintenance and repair tips to keep in mind when caring for your welding equipment:
- Use the right gear for the job: One of the most significant things that you can do to ensure your welding equipment lasts as long as possible is make sure that you use the right equipment for your shop. Different types of welding operations require different types of machines.
- Remove dust and debris: On a regular basis, you should remove the cover from your welding machine and use compressed air to blow dust and accumulated debris away from the interior of the machine. Wipe it down daily after use.
- Clean and grease: You should take your welder apart and clean it using a soft, lint-free cloth with some regularity. Additionally, you should redistribute grease around the machine, to ensure that all of its components are properly lubricated and that there isn’t an unsafe accumulation of grease in one area.
- Establish a maintenance routine: Develop a maintenance routine that you follow while caring for your welding machine. For example, you should remove dust and debris weekly, and perform a deeper cleaning at least once a month. Consider bringing your machine in for testing and evaluation at least once a year, as well.
- Repair small defects: If you notice any small issues or defects with your welding machine, you should bring it in for welding repair in Phoenix, AZ as soon as possible. Repairing small issues proactively will prevent them from ballooning into major issues that could adversely impact your ability to use your welder.
Since 1969, Vern Lewis Welding Supply, Inc. has been a premier provider of welding repair in Phoenix, AZ. We’re capable of performing welding repair services on machines by all major manufacturers. Our shop is certified to repair Lincoln, Miller, ESAB, Victor, Kohler and Hypertherm brands. We also provide welding equipment rental with next-day delivery if you need to get your shop operational as quickly as possible. To learn more about our high-quality welding supplies and services, contact one of our friendly representatives today.
Categorised in: Welding Repair
This post was written by Writer