OUR MISSION STATEMENT:
Vern Lewis Welding Supply Inc. strives to provide excellent customer service. We pride ourselves in being the welding supply of choice to our customers, employees and vendors alike.
We are committed to purchasing and maintaining quantities of the newest and most innovative products to meet our customer’s needs as well as stocking the long lasting, tried and true products.
OPERATIONS MANAGER/BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
This position requires a broad skill set and has an overall responsibility for the management of all strategic and operational issues of company operations, profitability and direction in global marketing growth, including international markets.
- Responsible for the overall management of all strategic and operational marketing and customer relationship activities as well as employee relationship activities.
- Performs market research and analysis, domestically as well as internationally.
- Furnishes marketing advice, counsel and general staff support to all departments within the organization.
- Evaluates operational issues to determine how competitive and current it is with the latest trends in the industry.
- Monitors external and internal environment for development of new market segments.
- Assists in or produces feasibility studies/business plans for new product development.
- Assists in planning of any event that highlights promoting industry/company.
- Manages all operations personnel in accordance with company policies by assisting senior management in hiring, training, motivating, planning and directing work, managing performance and resolving associate issues so that assigned performance targets are met or exceeded.
- Develops capital expenditure budget and coordinates capital expenditures once proper approvals have been received.
- Ensures disciplinary issues and performance deficiencies are properly discussed, documented in a timely manner, and forwarded to individuals personnel file.
- Consults with Human Resources regarding personnel issues.
- Willingness to travel approximately 40-50% throughout assigned areas.
- Willing to work over 50 hours when traveling.
- Strategic thinking
- Problem solving/analysis
- Customer/client focus
- Communication proficiency
- Time management
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university required; and 5+ years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 8+ years of experience in the welding industry and sales.
- 5+ years of supervisory experience, with demonstrated ability to effectively manage a wide array of personnel issues, such as coaching, disciplinary action, performance reviews, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
Strong verbal and written communication skills, self-starter, self-motivated, sense of urgency, personable, extroverted personality, well organized, ability to achieve goals, ability to focus and pay attention to detail.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to meet customer needs and management expectations, including overtime is some situations.
- Ability to perform data entry in a computer and extract information regarding customers’ orders; proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel a must.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, legal documents and regulatory requirements.
- Team player with positive attitude.
- Willing to improve skills and techniques by attending classes on employee’s own time.
- Ability to read, speak, write, spell and understand the English language.
- Ability to speak a second and third language – Spanish and Portuguese preferred.
- Ability to perform heavy work, routinely lifting 25-60 lbs.
- Prolonged standing, up to 8 hours, frequent bending required.
- Ability to perform functions during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling, and finger activities.
- Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Must be able to work outdoors in varying temperatures.
- Must be able to operate in a drug free, tobacco free workplace
$85,000-$130,000 based on experience.
NOTE – this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only activities to be performed by the person occupying this position. One of management’s first requirements of all personnel is “to be customer service oriented”, thinking continually of ways to serve the customer better and follow through with actions to do so. All personnel are encouraged to follow any other job related instructions, as well as train and perform any other job related responsibilities required by their manager/supervisor. This is a non-contractual agreement which may be changed at will by Employer.