WElding classes in Phoenix, az
Our state-of-the-art training facility offers experienced instructors backed by manufacturer training and support. Offering basic classes designed to introduce new welding process theory, safety, maintenance, and welding technique, so that you leave with the confidents to weld.
Our individualized training focuses on what you want to pursue at your skill level. All our training is done with a heavy focus on real hands-on instruction to provide experience that can be applied immediately.
To sign up for a welding class call us at the number listed below or visit our events page for more information:
PRICING and availabilty
- Classes are on Fridays at various times to provide the most accessibility for customers.
- Group classes are a maximum of 4 people.
- These are designed as intro classes for hobbyists and those that are interested in the trade.
- Classes are focused on hands on time.
Price: 3 hours for $250
GMAW AND SMAW 4 WEEK NIGHT COURSE
- These courses are designed to quickly develop knowledge and technique for the purpose of taking the American Welding Society (AWS) structural steel qualification in the vertical position.
- Training is hands on, with low instructor student ratio, combined with online course work.
- Classes are three nights per week on Tuesday – Thursday from 5pm – 9pm for four weeks.
We provide welding jackets, gloves, safety glasses, and welding helmets. However, before attending any of our training you must provide the following.
TYPES OF TRAINING
Vern Lewis Welding Supply offers group and one-on-one sessions on welding training for all skill levels.
GAS METAL ARC WELDING (GMAW) – MIG WELDING
GMAW is one of the most common types of welding processes. This class will focus on basic PPE, welding principle, maintenance, gases, regulator safety, wire selection, machine settings, and welding techniques.
SHIELDED METAL ARC WELDING (SMAW) – STICK WELDING
SMAW is one of the oldest and most versatile welding processes. This class will focus on basic PPE, welding principle, maintenance, electrode selection, machine settings, and welding techniques.
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Nathan Lipp is our lead Welding Instructor, providing training for all levels of students. Nathan believes that everybody should have knowledge of a trade, to know how the world is built. He brings the experience of a decade in the industrial gas industry and more than 20 years as a welder to every class. Nathan has a passion for welding and manufacturing which has led him to educating others. He has received A.A.S. degrees in both welding and Industrial technology from Arizona Western Collage and a bachelor’s in management from Northern Arizona University.
You can contact Nathan at: [email protected]